With the coverage it has been receiving lately, there would not many people who would not have at least heard of the word Twitter. Okay maybe If you don't have access to the web or have not been watching TV lately then the fact that social networking sites like Twitter are booming may have alluded you. Next time you have some spare time while surfing the net, you should do a Google search on twitter or consider visiting the site to find out directly the many fun and interesting benefits it has for users.
You must register before being able to enter the website to meet the wide variety of members, all with their own reasons for being there. Most people that you will find on Twitter are there to link or network with other people. Much of twitter's fame can be attributed to the ability to stay in touch, literally every hour of the day as new information is provided by friends, family or any topic of interest, all in one free to use system. In addition to those members, there are those who simply want to extract more income or take their business to another level.
Following the steps below will have you on the road to being a master of all things twitter, whatever your purpose:
1) Visibility - you must aim to have high exposure on Twitter. Spend a few hours every day writing new tweets and replying the tweets you get sent to you. It's a great way to make more contacts socially or for business. Set up a daily routine for your twitter activities like designating certain hours for tweeting. Always follow a number of new members each week and try to entice them to follow you in return. A good thing on Twitter is that you can respond by using your cell phone. This consistent sending and responding to tweets can be time consuming but it can definitely help increase your visibility.
2) Powerful profile – after registering at Twitter, one of your first priorities should be designing your own unique member profile. This page should aim to be interesting yet reflect your personal character or business. A powerful profile may be informative but not boring. A great profile can draw immediate reaction and the need for connection to you.
3) Twittering - you should make a effort to tweet about the fun and interesting events occurring in your life. You can use anything about your life and experiences. After receiving messages, try to respond to them in a timely and respectful manner. When someone sends you a tweet also remember to thank the person. Try to look at Twitter as a blank piece of paper, where you are free to write whatever you want others to know.
4) Twitter Networking - Millions of members use Twitter daily. Focus on making contact with those in your target market and follow them. Also endeavor to establish good and friendly bonds with those you meet. After developing many friends, you can progressively promote your business without seeming too over zealous. Gaining new clientèle for your items and services will be easier with time because they have built up confidence in your reputation.
5) Direct Messages (DM) - directly sending messages like emails or private messaging in forums to specific users only can be effective. Read any messages received and let them know how much you appreciate it. This specific list of close contacts can be used as your own custom targeted group of leads but don't over do the advertising because that can be interpreted as spamming them.
6) Videos and Images – This is an often over looked medium in Twitter but it can be very rewarding to share video clips and images. It builds branding and familiarity with your user name because other people can get an overview of your life and the type person that you are.