Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve already. Can you believe it? It seemed so far away now it’s barreling upon us at full speed. I remember when I was a kid the excitement of the holidays and waking up on Christmas morning at 6am just to see what Santa had brought me. Somehow over the years that special feeling I had has escaped me. Yes, it’s still a special magical time but with my “to do” list now as an adult it tends to take the fun out of it. As a kid you just sit back and bask in the holiday lights, decorating of the tree and Mom’s Christmas cookies. But when you’re grown up everyone looks to you to do all of those things your Mom automatically took care of for you. Still, I miss that feeling and feel sad that it has left me.

We all tend to get so caught up in buying presents, wrapping them, and running off to parties and work that we hardly can slow down long enough to feel anything.

So, my Christmas wish for you is to stop what you’re doing right now, close your eyes and think back to a Christmas morning when you were a kid and feel that feeling again. If you can hold onto it, and put some of your “daily duties” behind you and try to enjoy the holidays again just like you were a kid. Maybe we can’t be kids again, but mentally we can always go back in time and lay down in the snow and make a beautiful snow angel anytime we want. Heck, run outside right now and make one, your neighbors might think you’re a bit strange but I can guarantee you’ll feel like you’re 10 all over again. Just don’t expect your Mom to have hot chocolate waiting for you when you return inside. This grown up stuff sucks!

“Merry Christmas and Happy New Year”

me_dogs

blog comments powered by Disqus