Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Google Chrome Gets an Update



It's no secret that I love all things Google. They have a knack for taking good things on the net and making them even better. Hell, if they could rule the world, that would be OK with me. Do you use their Chrome browser? If you do you might want to know that they released an updated beta version which you can download at the link above.

So what's new and improved? According to the Google Blog it's speed. They claim it's 25% faster on their V8 benchmark and 35% faster on the Sunspider benchmark than the current stable version.

I'll admit I haven't played with Chrome a lot. I did download it on my desktop but my boyfriend uses it a lot more then I do. It's a pretty plain browser but it gets the job done. I don't think their going to take over Internet Explorer or FireFox anytime soon, but it's a nice addition to the browser family.